Support for Success (S4S) is an extended, activity-based, paid employment training program designed to provide supportive employment training and job opportunities. S4S works with teens aged 14-17 who are interested in employment, but may need additional time and training to develop the skills necessary to succeed in the work place.
Throughout the program, teens are provided with group and individual opportunities for career exploration and experiential learning, such as job shadows, company tours, and job site practice. Once training is completed, staff work with teens individually to secure private sector employment or supported employment opportunities in their community.
Support for Success will provide you and your youth with:
- Job/Life skills training
- Transition skills for adulthood
- Confidence building activities
- Individual and group sessions for youth and adults
- Paid work experiences for youth
- Community resources and information
Support for Success sessions are held at Briarpatch Youth Services on Wednesdays and run for 10-12 weeks.
The upcoming sessions are scheduled for:
- July 17-August 28, 2019, 1:00 - 2:30 pm
- September 5-25, 2019, 4:30 - 6:00 pm
This program made possible by the support of United Way of Dane County