A work permit is required before anyone under the age of 16 is allowed to work with the exception of agriculture or domestic service work.
The minor must bring the following to obtain a work permit:
- Minor’s birth certificate or other proof of age
- Minor’s social security card
- Letter from the employer expressing intent to hire
- A written parent or guardian’s consent
- A $10.00 permit fee that the employer is required to reimburse upon the minor’s first paycheck
*If you do not have access to the minor’s birth certificate or social security card, please let us know so we can discuss other options with you.*