The Briarpatch Youth Shelter provides shelter and other services to homeless or runaway youth, or youth at risk of separation from their family due to conflict or other reasons. Opened in 2015, it contains eight beds and welcomes youths of all gender identities ages 12-17. There are an estimated 300 youth in Dane County who are homeless every night. This shelter was created to help these youth get off the streets and provide them with services to succeed. Aside from providing shelter, we provide services including individual counseling, family counseling, case management and a 24-hour help line.
- 102 youth received shelter with assessment, counseling, and case management services
- 1,138 nights of safe housing were provided in our youth shelter
- 98% of youth served returned home or to another safe living situation
Briarpatch Youth Shelter is located at 2720 Rimrock Road, Madison, WI 53713 (6 blocks south of the beltline)
- Transportation to the shelter is available as needed
- Admissions are accepted 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Call (608) 251-1126 or (800) 798-1126 to check bed availability or with any other questions about the shelter
Service accessibility is a top priority for Briarpatch. All services are provided at no cost to clients.