The Teens Like Us Program (TLU) provides support and education for queer youth ages 13-18. Founded over 20 years ago, TLU provides a safe, brave place for queer and questioning youth to meet with their peers. We serve youth across the state of Wisconsin!
Youth do NOT need parent/guardian permission to join Teens Like Us. We understand not all youth are at a point in their lives where they can safely and confidently "come out."
Are you looking for information about PRIDE PROM '23?
GROUPS & SERVICES:
- Teens Like Us Support Group:
- This group is for queer and questioning youth ages 13 through end of high school. The group is a "chill" space for youth to support one another, make new friends, socialize, and engage in casually structured activities and meet guest speakers from the community. Our groups meet every Wednesday from 5:30-7:30pm. (Currently we meet in-person every group EXCEPT the first Wednesday of the month, which will be on Zoom. Members recieve TLU calendar and weekly emails with reminders for where group is.) To ensure the safety and confidentiality of all who join our group, we only provide the Zoom link directly to the group members. Before we can give youth the Zoom link or the address of where we meet in-person, we just need the youth to fill out a quick intake poll. All the information we gather will remain confidential. Youth can fill out the intake form at the following link: TLU YOUTH INTAKE
- Please note that MASKS ARE REQUIRED at all in-person TLU groups and events, as we strive to be inclusive of folks who are immunocompromised. We also ask that group members do not attend if they are feeling sick (even "just a cold"), or if there is Covid-19 in their homes.
- Parents/Guardians of Queer/Questioning Youth Support Group
- Briar-Attire Gender Affirming Clothing Program
- Our favorite online shop for binders, gaffs, swimwear, and more is Origami Customs. They can also make custom sizes at no extra charge! They also have great resources to teach you how to measure yourself for the best fitting garment, and how to practice safe binding and tucking. Check them out here: https://origamicustoms.com/
What people have to say about Teens Like Us:
“TLU has created an amazing open space for me to share and ask for help, and also to support my peers. It's a wonderful space not only for support, but also for sharing joy.”
“It has definitely been an environment that has allowed me to be/express myself. They've supported me through a lot of bad times and has supported me even outside of TLU. They've offered me resources like binders and packers (which is awesome). It’s also allowed me to grow my communication and leadership skills.”
“I was so excited to find this group because I had never met another trans person in real life and it was such a relief and so liberating to find that here were people like me in my local area.”