The Runaway & Homeless Youth Program (RHYP) provides a wide variety of services to youth in need. These services include: temporary shelter, individual counseling, family counseling, outreach, case management, and a 24-hour help-line.
Currently, the RHY Program has a two month waitlist for individual and family counseling services. If counseling services are needed and two month wait time is too long, please contact the Behavioral Health Resource Center at 608.267.2244 to explore other counseling options in the Dane County area. Crisis related to mental health concerns should call Journey Mental Health at 608.280.2600. Thank you for your patience and understanding. For the waitlist, please call our Helpline at 608.251.1126.
Intakes for our emergency youth shelter remain accessible 24/7.
The program’s primary goals include:
- Reunite youth with their families and encourage the resolution of intra-family problems through counseling and other services
- Help youth develop good decision-making skills
- Prevent vulnerable youth from engaging in self-destructive behaviors and activities
- 147 unduplicated youth receiving counseling
- 1,219 calls were received through the 24-hour crisis hotline
- 14 families received counseling
Learn more from our agency RHY brochure.
This program made possible with the support of United Way of Dane County and the Green Bay Packers Foundation.