On Saturday, September 11th, 2021, Briarpatch Youth Services will raise the 9/11 Flag of Honor.
Location: Madison Fire Station #1, 316 W. Dayton St., Madison, WI
Time: 8:30 am
Sixty communities nationwide have been selected to organize this tribute to the 2,983 lives lost on September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993. Each of the 60 communities will remember fifty of teh sould lost by readhing their name, sharing where they are remembered in the the North Pool or South Pool at the 9/11 Memorial in New York City.
Sixty Flags of Honor have also been distributed to these chosen locations to be raised during a memorial ceremony. Each flag contains the names of the 2,983 victims of these tragic days.
Guest speakers include:
- Chief Barnes, MPD
- Asst. Chief Tracy Burrus, MFD
- City Council President, Syed Abbas
- Executive Director of Briarpatch, Gloria Reyes
- United States Air Force Retired Master Sergeant Jason Raffel
This event is open to the public. Youth volunteers are needed to help read names of the victims.
If you need additional information, please contact us at anytime using the appropriate number below. If we are unavailable, please leave a message and you will be contacted as soon as possible.
For assistance regarding a youth in crisis or scheduling an intake:
- Call our 24-hour Help Line at 608.251.1126
- Or Toll-Free Line at 800.798.1126
- Or text 608.285.2776 (texts checked M-F 9am-9pm)
To speak to Youth Shelter staff regarding a current shelter resident:
- Call 608.245.2550, ext. 1111
For questions regarding youth on Work Teams please contact the youth work team supervisor.
- Or call our on-call Intensive Supervision staff at 608.669.4711
If you are unsure of your party's extension, and have a non-emergency inquiry, please call the Briarpatch Main Number, 608.245.2550. Voicemails are checked M-F 9am-9pm.