Job Title: Resident Counselor – Transitional Living Program
Position Description: The Transitional Living Program Resident Counselor is responsible for promoting a safe and inclusive environment for all residents at the Briarpatch Transitional Living Program facility. The Resident Counselor provides oversight of the TLP house and property and helps hold residents accountable for compliance with TLP house policies while supporting the well-being and transition of clients to permanent housing.
Qualifications: Dedication to working with homeless and at-risk youth and families with an understanding of trauma informed care including harm reduction practices. Prefer a Master’s Degree or licensure in Clinical Social Work, Counseling Psychology, Marriage and Family Counseling or the equivalent from an accredited college or university or at least five (5) years of full-time experience working in a human services or youth development setting. Prior experience working with runaway and homeless youth is preferred. Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills are required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides services in accordance with agency policies and procedures and funding source guidelines.
• Enforces house rules/policies and treats all residents with respect and dignity.
• Collects service provision and target population data as required by the agency and/or by funding sources.
• Maintains Client Case Records and the Staff Communication Log as applicable.
• Provides case management services to clients as assigned.
• Mediates conflicts between residents in a fair and professional manner.
• Provides outreach to the target population as directed by the TLP Coordinator.
• Supervises scheduling and completion of house chores by residents.
• Facilitates educational groups and house meetings with TLP residents.
• Acts immediately in the event of an emergency by contacting the appropriate agency and directing residents to safety as necessary.
• Addresses concerns with residents in a timely fashion and reports all key information to the Transitional Living Program Coordinator.
• Performs other reasonable and related duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range is $29,120 - $41,038. Benefits include health, life, dental and disability insurance as well as paid holidays and paid vacation.
Work Hours: This is a 40 hour per week position. Hours variable dependent on staffing needs and may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Transportation: Reliable transportation with insurance is required.
Briarpatch Youth Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.