Do you enjoy working with teens and families? Are you looking to gain experience in human services? Consider joining the volunteer team at Briarpatch Youth Services.
Time Commitment & Minimum Qualifications
Due to the nature of our work and the instrumental role that volunteers play, it is especially important that our volunteers stand as exemplary models of professionalism and are able to truly commit the necessary time and energy to their assigned role. Before submitting an application, please consider the following volunteer requirements:
- Commit to one-year of volunteer service
- Attend 20-hours of volunteer training
- Provide six to eight hours of service per week
- Agree to a background check
- Able to engage with and demonstrate empathy towards a vulnerable population
- Sorry no service learning or volunteer opportunities for course credit
How to Become a Volunteer
- Complete the volunteer application form
- Receive email invitation for an in-person interview
- Acceptance into training class (next class February 2017)
- Review our volunteer handbook
- Participate in our mandatory volunteer training program
- Receive your start date and placement
Training & Placement
Once you are admitted to the volunteer program, you are required to attend our 20-hour volunteer training. Our training provides specific volunteer guidelines including (ethics, personal boundaries, confidentiality, active listening), and other pertinent information you will need to be a Briarpatch Volunteer.
After you complete training, you are ready for placement and specific program orientation. Your start date will be scheduled during training.
Next Volunteer Training Class Schedule
We apologize for the inconvenience but due to low enrollment, the February Volunteer Training Class has been cancelled. Please check back on the Briarpatch website in the coming days for a communication on dates and times for future volunteer training dates.
Volunteer Opportunities – Beginning Summer 2017
• Volunteer Counselor
• Parent Support Program
• Street Outreach
• Youth Employment Program