Briarpatch is Seeking Volunteers
Do you enjoy working with teens and their families? Are you looking to gain experience in human services? Consider joining the volunteer team at Briarpatch!
Volunteer Open-House Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:30-7:00pm.
Time Commitment & Minimum Qualifications
Due to the nature of our work and the instrumental role that volunteers play, it is especially important that our volunteers stand as exemplary models of professionalism and are able to truly commit the necessary time and energy to their assigned role. Before submitting an application, please consider the following volunteer requirements:
- Must be 16 or older
- Commit to one-year of volunteer service
- Attend 20-hours of volunteer training
- Agree to a background check
- Provide 6 to 8 hours of service per week
- Able to engage with and demonstrate empathy towards a vulnerable population
- Sorry No service learning or volunteer opportunities for course credit
How to Become a Volunteer
- Complete the volunteer application form
- Receive email invitation for an in-person interview
- Acceptance into training class (next class September 2017)
- Participate in our mandatory volunteer training program
- Receive your start date and placement
Volunteer Opportunities – Beginning September 2017
We anticipate volunteer opportunities in each of our youth & adult programs.